Thursday, January 1, 2009

Frohes Neues Jahr!

Happy New Year everyone!  It is hard to believe that it is 2009 and I celebrated it's entrance here in Vienna, Austria!  Carrie, Melissa, Whitney, Cindi, and me all went downtown to see for ourselves what it is all about.  It was fun but frigid!  I hear rumor that it was -5 Celsius.  It was also quite loud as everyone, and I mean everyone, was setting off fireworks.  We walked from Stephansdom, to the Graben, and finally to the Rathaus where we actually watched the clock strike midnight.  We were even able to hear the huge bell from Stephansdom ring.  It was great!  

It wasn't as dangerous as everyone was telling us it would be.  If you're smart and keep your eyes open you are fine.  New Year's celebrations here remind me of Independence Day celebrations in the States with the Vienna Waltz added in!  All in all it was fun and I am glad that we went.  Once again, Happy New Year.  Throughout this year, may you grow closer to God and fully believe that He loves you with an everlasting love!  Blessings!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! I am glad you got to celebrate Vienna style!

Jen