Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snow!

It snowed today.  Actual stick to the ground, looks like a snow globe, snow!!  I was just as excited as my Kinder!  It reminded me of Colorado snow!  It was great to look out the window and see this "beautifulness" floating down from the sky.  Then the realization set in that I did not have to drive in it and this absolute joy increased (as did the smile on my face)!

I have recess duty this week and I quickly realized that the child within me wanted to play in the snow so the 3rd - 5th graders were probably the same way!  So, since I have compassion, I decided to let the kids not only play in the snow but (gasp here) throw snowballs.  The snow is more like a powdery snow so tightly packed snowballs were certainly not a concern!!  I told the kids that they could play in the snow and throw snowballs in the field but the blacktop area is a "no snowball zone!"  The shrieked with joy when they heard me say this!  We had a great time!

I took my students out to catch snowflakes and then look at them through a magnifying glass.  They were so cute and they were so excited to participate in this crazy but fun activity their teacher was now telling them to do!  They are getting used to doing crazy things all in the name of learning! 




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! It is wonderful when you don't have to drive in it or shovel it!

Jen