- Another church service at my home church
- Welcoming smiles from people
- Needing to buy jeans two sizes smaller than last year at this time
- Lunch at Kokoro
- Edamame with peanut sauce
- Fixing my car all by myself
- Being able to help my parents
- Dinner with mom, dad, and Chante
- Chats/emails from friends
Monday, June 29, 2009
Saturday, June 27, 2009
- Safe travels back to Colorado from Kansas
- Walking from the Colorado state line to the Kansas state line and back
- Taking a lot of pictures with Merlin's camera - boy will she be surprised when she downloads her photos!
- Listening to my favorite songs while driving
- Sweet Tea
- Corn free pizza =)
- Aloe lotion for a lobster looking sunburn
- Raspberry lemonade
Friday, June 26, 2009
- Playing games with Cynthia - it was so much fun and I can safely say that I am not good at Nerts or Dutch Blitz but I can certainly provide a lot of laughter!
- A good cheeseburger
- Petting a very kind cat
- Finishing all of the square by square puzzles
- A nap in the car
- The wind
- Evening rain
- Free museums full of very interesting historical artifacts
- Time to read
- 6 raccoons - even though they scared me a bit!
- Air conditioning
- Counting bales of hay really fast!!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
- Shoes for $1
- Safe travels to Kansas
- Watching an amazing lightning storm from the driver's seat
- getting our camp physicals done for free and without any hassles
- Running with Chante - she thought she was going to die but the time spent with her was invaluable
- McDonald's iced coffee
- Working on the square by square game
Wednesday, June 24, 2009
- Breakfast with mom and dad
- Good chats in the car with Chante
- Grilled chicken at KFC
- Spending the day with Carrie and Chante
- Finding a pattern for scrubs for Chante
- Finding the games Rush Hour and Square by Square
- Books and a DVD are ready at the library
- Incentive charts for 75 cents
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
In church on Sunday we were challenged to take particular note that God is right alongside of us by noticing his daily gifts to us (no matter how small). We need to see God's footprints and know that He is all around us. We then had to think of one gift that God had given us within the last 24 hours no matter how small. While doing this it reminded me of several friends who are keeping track of grace in the small things moments. I like the idea of paying special attention to the daily gifts of God no matter how small. So, here are gifts from God that were noticed for yesterday and today!
- My home church visit was encouraging! I missed hearing the sermon solely in English and was quite surprised at how quickly my pastor spoke. People were excited to speak with me and that blessed my heart!
- Precious time spent in laughter and stories with family. Reminding my father that he is loved!
- Carrie's dad maybe didn't have another heart attack and will have more tests to help figure out what is going on.
- Grandpa Wiggins is getting the treatment he needs for pneumonia.
- A comfy bed to sleep on at my brother's house.
- Some funny dogs to play with and make me laugh out loud.
- A relaxing evening spent with my sister in law!
- Helping my dad fix problems with a car.
- Chats with my mom
- Macaroni and cheese with peas
- A cat to pet
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Carrie and I are safely in Colorado! We are excited to see all of you at our coffee/dessert evenings where we will tell you about our ministry in Vienna! Look at your inbox soon for an official invitation. We are so thankful for each and everyone of you and hope to visit with you before we head back to Vienna on August 10th!
Monday, June 1, 2009
So, I've been wanting to ride my bike down the Donauinsel. It looks beautiful and my curiosity of what it looks like and how long it really is finally got the best of me. So, today, Carrie, Cindi and I went down the entire Donauinsel on our bikes. It was fun and hard. By the time I arrived back home on my bike I had ridden 49 Kilometers (30 miles)! It is amazing. I didn't think that something like that was ever possible for me! Here is a picture of the odometer on my bike to prove the correct mileage!!!