Saturday, December 20, 2008

3rd Grade Gingerbread Houses/Christmas Party

 I'm not a big party person (I know surprise, surprise, right?).  So, I usually try to plan fun activities to do with my students around most holidays.  At Christmas time we make gingerbread houses out of graham crackers.  Since moving to Austria I am always trying to figure out how to do some of the same things here.  I appealed to my student's parents for supplies and they pulled through.  We had a grand time making these houses.  Most of my students had never made a gingerbread house before but they did know what they were because we had been reading about them.  It was interesting to teach my kids how to make something that most stateside kids usually know how to do.  Here are some pictures of their masterpieces. Aren't they absoluetly breathtaking?!












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool! They did a wonderful job!