Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tired but Happy!

Hello all! Carrie and I have arrived back in Colorado after a two week training in Houghton, New York! It was amazingly encouraging. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is preparing to go overseas. It prepares you in ways you cannot imagine. It also gives you more encouragement than you ever knew you needed!=) We've bonded with the other new members of the VCS (Vienna Christian School) team. God has called some amazing people to serve at VCS. I am honored to say that I am a VCS staff member. It is amazing to think that there are many, many more people at VCS patiently waiting for our arrival. I can only imagine how wonderful these people will be as well!!!


We have a few things to update you on. First, I am feeling a ton better. Many of you may not have known that I caught a cold that seemed to go to my lungs rather quickly while I was away. I was certainly glad I had people praying for me and that I had my inhaler! Second, thanks to Carrie's mom, our boxes arrived at the warehouse and were accepted. The school was able to get the shipping company to delay the boat until all of the boxes arrived. Merlin had to repack most of the boxes as they were completely beat up. Thank you Merlin for all of your hard work. We appreciate it. I have a cute story about the shipping company and a a few strange names if anyone wants to hear it! Third, we have to report our final support amounts around July 23. You do not necessarily need to send in the money right now, but you certainly can if you would like. We mainly need you to send in the commitment cards with the amount you would like to contribute. We are very close to our goal on one-time gifts (set-up) costs so we are concentrating on monthly pledges. We need a miracle, but I know this is where the Lords wants us and he will miraculously provide!! Thank you for your prayers!!

Now off to our next adventure . . . camp counselors!! This is always the highlight of my summer!! I love ministering to children and being at camp is an awesome way to do that!!! We will be at camp from Sunday, July 6th until Thursday, July 10th. Please pray for strength to make it through the time at camp. Pray for the lives of those kids we will be ministering to. This time at camp is more valuable than anything else I can think of.

No comments: