Thursday, July 31, 2008

Leaving on a Jet plane and 1,000 letters!

So, today is the day we fly to Vienna! It seems hard to believe that the day has actually come. I never thought it would happen, but I am glad the Lord believes in us! We're currently sitting at the airport waiting and waiting. I can see our plane outside of the window (Well, I think it is our plane!). I am excited, nervous, and sad. These are a lot of confusing emotions all at once. I know this is what I am suppose to do, but it is honestly the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

1,000 Letters:
So, I (Carrie) had dinner with my grandparents last night. My grandma was telling me that when my grandpa was overseas with the army he sent his first letter to my grandma with an address where she could write to him. In that letter he jokingly told her that he expected to receive about 1,000 letters from her. My grandma tried to do just that. She numbered every letter she sent, and over the two years that my grandpa was gone she said that she thinks she sent about 600 letters. So, I've decided to do the same for my grandparents. I want to send 1,000 letters or emails to them. So far I've sent two. We'll see how many I can send!

We'd also love to receive any email or mail from you. If you feel are interested let us know and we can give you our personal email addresses or our physical address in Vienna. We hope to hear from you soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey girls,

I need your address to mail love notes and care packages to. So when you get a chance, could you please e-mail me your new address. Hope your flights went well, I have been praying for you continuously.

I love you both
Terri