Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Last day of school..

Tomorrow, June 9, is the last day of school for the 2009-2010 school year at VCS.  For seven years now this day is always bittersweet for me.  It seems to be even harder here at VCS as I know many people who have impacted my life, students included, will leave soon and I may not see them again.  I always wonder if I have impacted their lives as much as they've impacted mine.  Have I done everything I can to comfort them and show them the love of Jesus?  These are things that are going around and around in my mind.  This years class was a lot of fun.  They most certainly kept me laughing and we flew through the curriculum.  They are sooo smart!  I will miss them.  I also know how tired I am so I am somewhat glad to be done but the nagging in my heart about missing those that are leaving seems to, at many times, overtake the weariness.  For those of you that read this blog, which I am not sure there are many, please pray for the five students leaving from my class as well as the dear colleagues heading back to the States.  They will be missed.  Please pray that they know how much of an impact they have made and the lives they have changed because they stepped out to follow the Lord.  Also, pray for their transitions (both students and staff) as it will be difficult to go back to a land that has changed so much since they were last there.  Thank you and blessings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you have impacted lives! Was just thinking the other day that we will never know who we may have impacted until we get to heaven! I'm praying for everyone including ya'll for safe travels coming home. Love ya'll Jen