- A - automobiles - We HAD to drive to get anywhere. It is not either of our favorite things to do!
- B - books - We visited bookstores and loved the selection all in English!
- C - collecting items that we would need at home and school for the year
- D - dentist - Amanda had to have an expensive root canal and crown
- E - easing back into American culture and volume...this took a while!
- F - Food - enjoying American food and mom's home cooking!
- G - gas/petrol/benzine (whatever you call it) - it was expensive but necessary
- H - Hiking in beautiful Rocky Mountain National Park
- I - interview - we did a video interview for our church's Mission Month in October
- J - Jeans - Finding ones that fit and will last a year, hopefully more, was a trick. They were even on sale!
- K - Knitting Socks - Carrie learned how and now there is no stopping her!
- L - Lost Luggage - When we arrived back in Vienna our luggage simply disappeared for a week!
- M - Michigan - We visited our friends Cindi and Kerry in their lovely home in Michigan.
- N - New Haven, IN - We spent a weekend with our friends, nieces, and nephews. It was wonderful to catch up after four years.
- O - Operating Room - Amanda's brother, Trent, had brain surgery. He is doing well.
- P - Praising God for his Faithfulness in always supplying just what we need right when we need it.
- Q - Quilling - We learned how to paper quill and it is a new favorite craft. Liz is very good at it!
- R - Race - we ran in a 5K in Parker, Colorado and the altitude just about killed us!
- S - Sharing pictures of our ministry here in Vienna.
- T - Time - there is never enough time when you only get to see people once a year!
- U - Underwater - We went rafting with friends down Clear Creek and were glad that we didn't go underwater!
- V - Visiting family and friends in Colorado, Indiana and Michigan
- W - Watching tv with Grandma Wiggins - We just love her!
- X - eXcited - Excited to hug my little niece Elsie and I was there to watch her learn to walk!!
- Y - Yogurt - Frozen yogurt seems to be all the rage in CO! It is yummy and we enjoyed it!
- Z - Zug Um Zug - This is a fun board/strategy game that we were able to play with friends
Wednesday, September 14, 2011
ABCs.... Summer Review
To review what our whirlwind summer looked like here the ABCs: