Friday, August 20, 2010

A surprise in the box...

Google image boxes not the real boxes that arrived today!
The containter arrived today.  This means that all of our curriculum and supplies that we ordered in March finally arrived at school.  This also means that many of us showed up outside to unload, sort, and inventory all of the items.  Carrie and I were inventory buddies.  We finished our first set of boxes from Oriental Trading and then moved on to a box of randomness and a few things were missing in those boxes.  When we finished with that order, we moved on to the one sitting next to us.  It was a lone box that no one was touching and it was a pretty silver color.  So, we, being the diligent inventory control people that we are, start opening the box to inventory it.  While opening it we discuss that it is a strange box and "isn't it a pretty silver color".  When we get it open we are a bit surprised to discover newspaper as the filler for the box and then we see a black plastic trash bag.  At this moment I start to smell something familiar and my brain is trying to connect the smell as I look down the inventory sheet and discovered that inside the box should be fetal pigs for the biology class to dissect.  I quickly tell Carrie, "STOP, there are fetal pigs inside" as she is starting to attempt to open the black trash bag.   Carrie promptly gets this horrified look on her face and jumps back!  I then started laughing so hard I about had an asthma attack and we went to find someone else to inventory that box.  I am still giggling as I type this!  Hehe!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to be efficient and work hard!!!!!! I hope you had your camera!!!!!!! Sounds like a great start to the school year!!!!

Jen