Thursday, August 19, 2010

German success... no matter how small

Hello or God's Greeting
So today, while walking with a group of friends to the U-bahn to go home from school, I heard this statement from a mother to her family... "Kindergarten ist nächste Woche."  I immediately, without thinking, turn to my friends and happily announce, "Hey guess what?!  Kindergarten is next week!"  Well, had I thought about it I would have realized that my friends probably didn't hear this statement from the mom and I just sounded random and weird by suddenly and excitedly repeating it translated.  Nonetheless, I was happy that I had German language success today regardless how small and dorky I sounded!  It is most certainly the little things that matter!  hehe

3 comments:

melmac said...

Well I for one am rather proud of you! I also know I would have laughed with you at the randomness of the moment. Way to go friend!

Rachel said...

Is this Amanda's story? Because I can totally picture it. :)

Amanda and Carrie said...

Rachel..you know me well! hehe!