Saturday, September 19, 2009

So, I live in a Jewish neighborhood...


This is a shofar not to be confused with an alarm clock!


For those of you who do not know Carrie and I live in a Jewish neighborhood.  Normally a person doesn't even notice this, but this morning I did.  Shortly after I woke up I heard a noise.  I initially thought it was extremely loud bicycle breaks squeaking but it simply didn't sound right.  I then looked out of the window and noticed a teenage-ish girl who was learning how to blow the shofar.  She looked horrified that she could not do it and I am sure it didn't help that she saw me shut the windows.  I felt badly but I simply couldn't handle the sound when my head was still cloudy from sleep.  In case you were wondering, it took her about an hour and she finally made the beautiful sound that a shofar is supposed to make!  Congratulations young lady it sounded wonderful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should get one and use it as an alarm clock when Carrie won't get up! Just kidding, Love ya'll!

Jen

Anonymous said...

I just found out that Friday was the start of the Jewish New Year. Is that why she was practicing?

Jen