Monday, August 17, 2009

An amazing visit to a quilt shop

This is an amazing story of God's faithfulness even when you don't expect it in the least bit. This happened to Carrie and me this summer while we were visiting beautiful Estes Park, Colorado with some dear friends. On our last day in Estes Park we were going to visit a quilt/fabric shop where our friend's mother has a friend who started work there that day. I just thought we were going to a cute fabric/quilt store but the Lord had other plans.

When I walked in I was overwhelmed at the amount of merchandise that was on display. The merchandise ranged from beautiful Amish quilts to things one would find in Christian bookstore. As I looked around simply taking it all in I was introduced to the employee as a missionary. This lady kindly smiled and wanted to know a lot about what I did in Vienna. I continued to browse and heard that there were sale items downstairs. So, I ventured downstairs and was greeted by our friend, who was starting her first day of work, and the owner of the business. They had just come back from starting their day with prayer. I was quite impressed. The owner was told that Carrie and I were the missionaries that she had just been told about and she (the owner) grabbed us and took us to the office area. She asked a few questions about our sending organization and wanted to know about our support levels. She then went to her desk and pulled out the "missionary account" checkbook. I was astonished. She wrote us a check right there on the spot!! It was amazing. They then prayed for us for about 20 minutes all the while I was in tears and shaky at God's amazing faithfulness. They then told us that we can get anything in she shop that we would like. The thank yous couldn't come from my mouth fast enough.

I was overwhelmed at God's love. Just that morning I was stressing again about my support level and by this lady and her business I was reaffirmed that yes, I am following the Lord's path. I still tear up as I write this. It is amazing who the Lord uses everyday to remind us that He is faithful and will not give up on us.

If you are ever in Estes Park, Colorado visit the Cottage Bliss store. It is amazing and their profits go to missionaries. What a wonderful way to run a business. Here is the address and website:

Cottage Bliss
Unit 36-A
870 Moraine Ave,
Estes Park, CO 80517-8054
(970) 577-1557

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting that I found your post when I googled "Estes Park Quilt Shops." I am a quilter and will be vacationing there in a few weeks.
The neat thing is that my mother was a missionary with International Teams in Guntramsdorf, Austria, south of Vienna. Good friends of hers there had children who attended Vienna Christian School. (Those friends are now back in the US.) God bless you as you serve him!
Tena in Sarasota, FL.