Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Bloggable moment

So, my friend, Melissa M., is a very good blog account updater.  Every once in a while I see her taking pictures and I just understand that you never know when something could be a "bloggable moment." Today I actually had a bloggable moment and when it happened I thought of Melissa.  Unfortunately she was not there to witness this amazing moment so I will recount it here for her and all of you.  

My birthday is tomorrow (Monday).  My friend Cindi's birthday was Saturday.  So, since we both know the same people here we decided to celebrate our birthdays together.  We had a get together at her house on Saturday.  One of the people who attended the birthday party also attends our church.  He decided to stand up during announcement time and share with the entire congregation that we celebrated our birthdays yesterday and proceeded to say that Cindi and I should stand up so everyone can sing to us.  I seriously wanted to disappear.  I thought about not standing up but then I realized, quite quickly mind you, that I would be pulled to my feet if I decided to revolt.  So I stood up and was serenaded by some beautiful voices from many different countries all singing to me and Cindi to honor us for our birthdays.  It was interesting, fun, and quite embarrassing.  I can honestly say that I have never had the entire congregation sing happy birthday to me before.  I figured that this counts as a bloggable moment.  Sorry I don't have any pictures to share it was quite a quick, impromptu moment!  Blessings!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Thanks for the retelling.
-Melissa M