Monday, March 23, 2009

You smell like a swimming pool...

So today was a Monday in every sense of the word!  Without a doubt we had our funny moments though.  Here are three such instances...
  • As one of my students was walking out of the room to get his lunch he says, "Miss Brunker, you smell like a swimming pool!"  I said, "Huh, um, what?"  So he repeated it!  I then asked him if that is a good thing or a bad thing.  He said he didn't know but all of the other kids who heard him instinctively sniffed me as they left the classroom!
  • Today was a very windy day.  One of my kiddos said, "Miss Brunker, do you think that the wind could blow us away like the nannies were blown away in Marry Poppins?"  I said, " I don't think so."  Then the wind decided to just about  prove me wrong!!!
  • We were learning about pictographs in math today and one of my students, when asked about how many people lived in Alabama (according to the pictograph) said, "I have no idea but why are they all purple there?"  The little pictures on the graph were all purple people and that is what this student got stuck on!  It was cute but interesting to think that he thought all of the people in Alabama are purple because of the graph!  

No comments: