Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Tuesday Times...

Sometimes I love to just sit back and listen to my students chat while they are doing their seat work.  As long as they are seriously working I don't mind if they chat quietly.  By doing this I also get a good insight into how they are doing socially not to mention I hear some pretty funny comments!  Here are a few:
  • "Miss Brunker, guess what?!!  There are twelve students in this class.  That is the same as the 12 disciples.  So we are the 12 disciples and you are Jesus!"
  • "My parents laugh a lot.  (a bit of a pause here) I think they are getting to old."  This was stated very matter-of-factly!
  • "Frau Deisenberger, you are lying to us.  You are not a mother so that means that you are lying to us.  Okay, maybe you are just joking."  Apparently mothers do not lie!
  • "Chocolate eggs, yuck!"  "Don't you like chocolate?" "Yes, I love chocolate.  I don't like eggs mixed with chocolate."  "Oh, well, a chocolate egg is just chocolate shaped like an egg not eggs and chocolate mixed together."  "Oh, then I think I would like a chocolate egg because it sounds like a chocolate bunny."  I'm not quite sure how she understood what a chocolate bunny was but not a chocolate egg!!

No comments: