Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Taking particular note of God's daily gifts

In church on Sunday we were challenged to take particular note that God is right alongside of us by noticing his daily gifts to us (no matter how small). We need to see God's footprints and know that He is all around us. We then had to think of one gift that God had given us within the last 24 hours no matter how small. While doing this it reminded me of several friends who are keeping track of grace in the small things moments. I like the idea of paying special attention to the daily gifts of God no matter how small. So, here are gifts from God that were noticed for yesterday and today!
  • My home church visit was encouraging! I missed hearing the sermon solely in English and was quite surprised at how quickly my pastor spoke. People were excited to speak with me and that blessed my heart!
  • Precious time spent in laughter and stories with family. Reminding my father that he is loved!
  • Carrie's dad maybe didn't have another heart attack and will have more tests to help figure out what is going on.
  • Grandpa Wiggins is getting the treatment he needs for pneumonia.
  • A comfy bed to sleep on at my brother's house.
  • Some funny dogs to play with and make me laugh out loud.
  • A relaxing evening spent with my sister in law!
  • Helping my dad fix problems with a car.
  • Chats with my mom
  • Macaroni and cheese with peas
  • A cat to pet

No comments: