Friday, October 10, 2008

A request for a day off. . .

Yesterday, when Andrew walked in for the day he was dropping things out of his bag. So, I was helping him pick them up and try to keep them in his hands without dropping them again. While doing this I noticed that one of the things he dropped was an envelope with my name on it. I was suddenly glad that he had been dropping things because if he hadn't I would not have received the note! I quickly opened up the note before I received about 20 "Miss Brunker, what is that?" questions from my kiddos! I was quite surprised at what the note said! It was a letter (very formal) requesting a day off for Andrew for family business. I quickly thought, well, what would happen if I denied the request? It is fine by me if Andrew needs to be gone due to family reasons. It is the first time in 5 years of teaching that I have received a very formal request for absence letter! It makes me smile and very happy that the parents of my students completely understand the importance education and would take the time to write me a formal letter requesting a day off!

No comments: